Welcome, we are Malibu residents, Ava & Jeff and we’ve combined our passion for food and nature into a partnership, creating memorable picnic experiences for every celebration!
We’ll host a full-service picnic for an intimate date, family get-together, tea party, corporate meeting, a special occasion or any holiday celebration.
Let us create something special just for you!
5 Valentine’s Picnic Secrets
By Dr. Ava Cadell
Posted on Loveology University website — February 12, 2021
Celebrate your love this year with a memorable intimate picnic for Valentine’s Day!
Whether you’ve been together for years, or just started dating, here are 5 secrets to make your picnic an event that you and your lover will never forget.
1. Choose Your Romantic Location: When choosing the perfect location for your Valentine’s picnic, it’s all about finding a place where you can both relax and focus on each other without distractions. This will allow you to spend some real quality time with your loved one, whether it’s on the beach, in a park, a scenic lookout, your backyard or a nook in your home. You can choose a favorite location where you have enjoyed time together or choose a new place for a surprise.
2. Choose your Décor: Setting up your décor includes wearing the right outfit to match your location, such as revealing swimwear, casual clothing or sexy sleepwear. The next step to staging your picnic is choosing the right blanket, which should be waterproof and big enough for both of you to lounge comfortably. Add some fluffy pillows to make it cozy. If you’re going to have a picnic table, you might want a centerpiece such as a framed photo of the two of you or a mini chalkboard with your names or initials inside a heart. For a more elaborate setting, you can get flowers to match your linens, fine flatware and silverware, have a heart made of roses, candles and balloons.
3. Choose Your Menu: Plan out your menu so that every dish reminds you both of beautiful memories in your relationship. So, if your first date was at a sushi restaurant, order your favorite sushi dishes. Other picnic favorites include, cheese and crackers, a charcuterie plate with selected cold cuts, salads, veggies and dips, cut pieces of fruit, cookies, a box of assorted chocolates and chocolate-covered strawberries. All perishable foods should be insulated in a cooler with frozen packs. Other foods and drinks can be kept in your picnic basket. Be sure to take utensils including plates and cutlery, napkins, toothpicks, assorted condiments such as salt and pepper, mayonnaise, salad dressing, ketchup or mustard. Picnic necessities include a bottle opener, wet wipes, hand sanitizer and trash bags.
4. Choose your Music: A study done by Sonos showed that 67% of couples who listen to music together report having better sex and more intimacy than couples who don’t listen to music together. When listening to music aloud, you and your partner’s brain cells start operating at the same rate, which is called mirror neurons. And that releases the feel-good love hormone oxytocin. So, choose your music playlist that gets you in the mood for romance, then follow with music that ignites your passion and gets your juices flowing.
5. Choose Your Romantic Games: Take turns blindfolding and feeding each other a variety of foods from your picnic, and reward with a kiss when they guess right. Share a Love List of all the things you love about it each. Exchange Valentine’s Vows that you are prepared to keep for the next year. For example, I promise to give you a massage at least once a month. For more intimate games, I recommend the Sexy Little Book of Sex Games: Surprise Your Lover With Sensual Playtime.
If you need help coming up with ideas and setting up your next picnic, contact Malibu Picnic Celebrations. They are an event & picnic planning service based in Southern California. They will help you to create a theme, find a location, bring picnic furniture, decorations as well as the food and beverages to make your life easier.