Questions and Answers
The following are questions and answers you may have when making your reservations with Malibu Picnic Celebrations (MPC).
Q: How much notice do you need to create a picnic?
A: We require a minimum of 7 to 12 days’ notice for bookings depending on location, group size, and holidays.
Q: How does a picnic booking work?
A: We set up your picnic of choice and have it ready upon your arrival. We will be at the site to greet you. Once you arrive, we leave you to enjoy your experience for the reserved time. You are responsible for the items until we return to pack them up at the arranged time. If you would like to leave earlier than this time, please provide 30 minutes’ notice by call or text. Once we return to pack and clean everything up, you are free to leave.
Q: Should children be included in the guest count when booking?
A: If it is specified as an all-kids event, No. If you would like us to include seating and food for them, then include the kids in the guest count. Further questions you can always email us we will be glad to help you out.
Q: What does my picnic include?
A: We offer packages suitable for 2-30 people. However, we can accommodate events up to 100 people +
Contact us to make magic!
– Picnic table(s), blankets/rugs, cushions, table decor, plates and place settings, flatware, glassware, linens, umbrella/s (optional)
– Add-ons. CLICK HERE to see a selection of add-ons.
Designs vary on location and picnic size. Look through our packages to get an idea of what our setups look like. Let us know if you have a style preference and/or color scheme so we can tailor a picnic to fit your special occasion.
- Complete Set up/Pack down
- Floral Orders (upon request)
Q: What are the food options how do I order?
A: Our Executive Chef will work with you on creating a delicious meal for your picnic on the beach/park/home or at our beautiful Shangri-La location overlooking the ocean in Malibu. CLICK HERE for ideas.
Q: Is alcohol allowed?
A: Wine and beer are allowed at our beautiful Shangri-La location overlooking the ocean in Malibu. (CLICK HERE for more details)
Alcohol is prohibited at all beaches and parks.
Q: Can you set up anywhere?
A: Yes, you can. There may be additional costs if there is not close vehicle access or outside the Malibu area. CLICK HERE to see our favorite picnic locations.
Q: What if there is bad weather?
A: Luckily, it is rare, we do not have to worry about bad weather. If the weather forecast predicts rain or heavy winds for your picnic date, please contact us in advance of your picnic to discuss other options.
Rescheduling and Cancellation/Rain/Heavy Winds
1. Any cancellation will result in the loss of the 50% non-refundable retainer.
2. In the case of rain/heavy winds, the Client has up to 72 hours prior to the event to decide if they want to make alternate arrangements at an indoor location or reschedule the event.
3. The Client has a 6-month limit following the canceled event for rescheduling and must be of equal value.
4. MPC will apply the Client’s original 50% non-refundable retainer toward this rescheduled event if it is within 6 months of the original event date.
5. If MPC is not notified of cancellation, the intent of rescheduling, or a change in the venue a minimum of 72 hours prior to the Event Date, no refunds of any kind will be provided.
Q: How do I secure my booking?
A: A 50% retainer is required to secure your booking. This booking fee is non-refundable. The remaining balance is due 7 days before your event.
Q: What is your cancellation policy?
A: We require a 50% non-refundable deposit on all bookings. Any cancellation results in the loss of the 50% non-refundable deposit. Picnic cancellations made within 7 days before the event date are not guaranteed a refund.
Q: Can we leave whenever we want?
A: If you would like to leave earlier than the arranged time, please provide us a 30-minute notice via phone call or text. You are responsible for the picnic items until we are able to return and pack them up.
Q: Do you sell Gift Certificates?
A: Yes, we do. Guaranteed for One year. CLICK HERE for more information.
Q: Do I need a Permit?
A: That depends on the location you choose.
Malibu Picnic Celebrations packages do not require you to obtain a permit at any of our preferred picnic locations. If a permit is required, then the Client is responsible for such a permit.